A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you visit a website. It allows the owner of the site to store or retrieve certain information about multiple variables, such as; the number of times the page has been accessed by the user, identify the registered user, ensuring the user's session while navigate by the page, etc.
Cookies are useful for several reasons. From a technical point of view, allow websites to function more agile and tailored to your preferences. They also help those responsible for websites to improve their services through the statistical information collected through them.
- Own Cookies: which are sent to the user's computer from www.secugen.es.
- Third Party Cookies: which are sent to the user's computer from a machine or domain that is not managed by the editor but by another entity that handles data through cookies, such as www.google.com.
- Session Cookies: these are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. As the name implies, these cookies are stored on your computer until the end of the user's navigation session.
- Persistent Cookies: these are a type in which the data are stored in the computer and can be accessed and treated for a defined period of time by the head of the cookie, and can range from a few minutes to several year period.
- Technical Cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through the website or platform and the use of any option or service that exist in them, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted parts.
- Customization Cookies: those that allow users to access the service with some predefined characteristic depending on a number of criteria in the user computer such as language features, browser type, etc.
- Analytical Cookies: these are a type of cookies designed and used for monitoring and analysis of user’s behavior. Such cookies permit to the page owner measures the activity on the website through information of aggregated or statistical nature.
The information collected by cookies from a website can be used by the owner of the website or by a third party providing a service to the owner. In this sense, the information from cookies used on this website is processed by Secugen and third parties, such as Google, regarding the behavior of users of its services. Specifically, we use Google Analytics cookies that have different expiry dates.
You can allow, deactivate, restrict, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring your web browser. For more information click on the appropriate browser: